Monday 5 October 2009

Pepper Chicken Curry

My husband & I are great fan of chicken. Even my little one likes chicken, usually fried chicken. This dish is from my mother's cookbook. She prepares this often at home.
My brother & I used to finish it off without much left for others. This is one of my favourite dish.

Pepper Chicken Curry

Ingredients:
Chicken (Boneless): 500gms
Onion: 2 medium size
Cinnamon: 1inch
Clove: 2-3
Fennel seeds: 1/4tsp
Pepper powder: 1tsp
Coriander powder: 2tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4tsp
Garlic paste: 1tsp
Ginger paste: 1/2tsp
Oil: 2tbsp
Salt

Method:
Clean, cut the chicken into small cubes.
Peel, clean & grind the onion to paste.
In a pan add oil then add cinnamon, clove & fennel seeds.
Add the onion paste (be careful it will splatter). Then add the garlic & ginger paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken pieces. Mix well.
Add pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder& salt. Saute' for 2-3 minutes.
Add water for the chicken to cook. Don't add too much water.
Close the pan with lid & allow to cook till the chicken becomes soft.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with steamed rice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi kani!!!!!! my wishes for ur superb blog.....hey i love cooking...so i might use ur posts hereafter n try something new ...kani im in shortage with side dishes for chapathi since we have chapathi daily for dinner...plz posts some of them which will be of gr8 use!ok gud work ..keep going !!

Unknown said...

Hi
Kani!!!! my best wishes for ur cuisine blog......plantain kofta recipe was yummy

Kanimozhi said...

Thank u abi
Thank u shanaz

Deepa said...

Dear Kani, I tried this simple recipe and it turned out very good. It was very quick and easy to make. My husband loved it and had it for two days! It is one of his favorites now!

Thanks for the recipe!

Deepa