Thursday 8 October 2009

Peanut Salad


It is an unwritten rule in my house that healthy dishes like this should be on our menu at least once a day. Looking at the snapshot, I guess there is no necessity for me to mention the joy of crunching this with a hot cup of coffee or tea at dusk. I have been preparing this dish quite often ever since the birth of my little one; one of the few healthy eatable that he likes. This is called "Sundal" in tamil.

Peanut Salad

Ingredients:
Peanut: 1 cup
Red chillies: 2
Mustard seeds: 1/2tsp
Urad dal: 1/2tsp
Oil: 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut: 1tbsp
Salt
Coriander: For garnishing

Method:
Soak the peanut in water for 15-20 minutes.
Steam cook the soaked peanut for 15minutes (if you prefer it to be soft, pressure cook the peanuts).
In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds, urad dal allow it to splutter, then add red chillies  & add peanuts.
Sprinkle salt  saute' for few seconds. Sprinkle grated coconut & toss.
Garnish with chopped coriander.

No comments: