Friday 9 October 2009

"Easy" Chicken Kurma


This chicken recipe is very easy, so can be prepared in no time! I usually prefer this dish if I am in a hurry & want to cook something quick but also tasty. My hubby is a great fan of this dish. During a casual chitchat session with my sister-in-law, she suggested that I try this recipe. Gave it a try & have been a fan ever since for its outstanding taste and ease to make. Here's the recipe for you.

Easy Chicken Kurma

Ingredients:
Chicken: 500gms
Onion: 3 medium size
Tomato: 1 small size
Ginger paste: 1tsp
Garlic paste: 1tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Sambhar powder: 2tsp (I used Eastern brand)
Coriander/Dhania powder: 11/2 tsp
Cinnamon: small piece
Clove: 2
Fennel seeds: 1/2tsp
Curry leaves: 6-8
Black pepper powder: 2tsp
Salt
Oil: 3tsp

Method:
In a pressure pan add all the ingredients except curry leaves, black pepper powder & oil . Add 3/4 cup water & cook for 2-3 whistle.
In a pan add oil, curry leaves & black pepper powder then add the cooked chicken with the stock. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot with steamed rice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks very delicious.. :) Yummy...

Kanimozhi said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

Hi Kani,
Saw ur blog. Gr8 Going...Keep it up. Shall try some of them and give my feedback :-))
Lakshmi

Kanimozhi said...

Thank u lakshmi