Thursday 22 October 2009

Prawn Curry


After marriage I was in Pondicherry (Coastal Union Territory) for 4 years, so started cooking seafood. We used to get fresh fish, prawn & crab from the  fish market.
I learnt most of the seafood dishes from my chithi. This dish is also from my chithi's cookbook. I had prepared this dish with frozen prawns twice before, but it did not 
taste as my chithi's preparation. Last week I tried with raw fresh prawns & it tasted very much like my chithi's prawn curry.

Prawn Curry

Ingredients:
Prawn : 250gms
Onion : 3 medium size
Tomato : 2 medium size
Garlic paste : 11/2tsp
Ginger paste : 1 tsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp
Coriander powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Salt
Oil : 3 tsp

Method:
Heat oil in a pan, add the finely chopped onion & saute' till it turns translucent.
Add the finely chopped tomatoes & cook till it becomes mashy.
Add garlic, ginger paste & saute' for sometime. Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt.
Add the cleaned prawn & close with a lid . Cook on medium to low flame for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with steamed rice.

No comments: