Tuesday 6 October 2009

Fish Tikka


During a trip to my co-sister's place, she prepared this dish as an appetizer. It was easy to make, tasted really good and the most important: it was healthy because it was grilled; both my husband (who loves fish) and I fell for this dish right away. Got the recipe from her and have tried it couple of times as evening munchies. When I prepared it for the second time, I fried it instead of grilling, tasted yummy!!! My husband likes these kinds of fried dishes (especially fried "Vanjaram"). As you all know "what taste good to the tongue is generally not healthy for the body". Does this have to be this way? So to make fried version of this dish more healthy, I used olive oil instead of the regular vegetable oil that we use. I used Salmon, but you can try it with any fish fillet that you get at your grocery store. Let me know how it tastes!

Fish Tikka

Ingredients:
Fish fillet: 250gms (I used salmon fillet)
Garlic paste: 2tsp
Ginger paste: 1tsp
Red chilli powder: 11/2tsp
Coriander powder: 2tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2tsp
Garam masala: 1/2tsp
Yogurt/curd: 2tbsp
Olive oil: 1tsp
Salt

Method:
Clean, debone & cut fish into small pieces.
Mix garlic paste, ginger paste,red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, jeera powder, garam masala ,yogurt, olive oil & salt.
Marinate fish pieces in the above marinade & refrigerate for 2-3 hrs.
Arrange the fish pieces on an aluminium foil.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with sauce of your choice.

No comments: