Sunday 1 November 2009

Bread Egg Toast


When I got up in the morning I was half an hour late. To my bad luck I had run out of idli dough as well.  This "easy" bread toast came to my mind. I prepared it as soon as possible.
My amma (mother) used to prepare this on sundays because it's a holiday, everyone use to get up late & hurry her up for breakfast. I call it "Bombay Toast".
I'm  not sure why it's called by that name, but I really enjoy each time it is prepared.

Bread Egg Toast

Ingredients:
Thick bread slices: 4
Eggs: 2
Black pepper powder: 1tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Salt
Oil: 1/2tsp

Method:
Whisk all the ingredients except the bread slices in a shallow, wide pan.
Dip the bread slice in the mix one at a time & cook on a non stick pan.
Turn the bread slice with a spatula & cook the other side as well.
Serve hot with a cup of coffee.

Tips:
Sweet version of the dish :- Whisk eggs, sugar & milk. Dip the bread slices (use milk or sweet loaf) in the mix & toast them.

No comments: