Friday 6 November 2009

Baked Green Fish (Fish Hariyali)


I left my son at the nursery today & sat in front of the tele watching my favorite food channel. Usually my hubby and I will be forced to watch one of my son's favorite channels, the obvious cartoons, but today was an exception. I saw this recipe and did a couple of modifications to suit my palate. Pomfret was used in the original recipe, but I used Salmon instead, since it is not available here. It turned out very yummy. Give it a try & it will surely make your day a great one.

Baked Green Fish

Ingredients:
Salmon fillets: 350gms
Coriander leaves: 10 sprigs
Mint leaves: 10-12 leaves
Ginger paste: 1tsp
Garlic paste: 1tsp
Onion paste: 2tbsp
Curd: 2tbsp
Green chillies: 2
Lemon juice: 2tbsp
Oil: 2tsp
Salt

Method:
Grind all the ingredients together except fish.
Marinate the cleaned fish fillet in it preferably in the fridge for 2-3 hrs.


In a baking dish put a foil, grease it & arrange the  marinated fish pieces.


 Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes.
I used the remaining marinade for preparing a gravy.

4 comments:

Sarah Naveen said...

i have made this..and its so yummy!!!
Its waiting to see light in my draft folder..
All yummy recipes...and btw..
A warm welcome to the world of food lovers...
Lucky me.. i m the first to follow yo!

Kanimozhi said...

Thank u very much. It's really a nice compliment for me.

Deepa said...

Hi Kani,I tried this recipe...it was really good,instead of baking I shallow fried it. I guess frying them made it more tastier than the baked version. The color was great! Thanks a lot for this recipe!

Kanimozhi said...

Thank you Deepa..