Tuesday 3 November 2009

Egg Puff


This has been on my "To-Do" list for quite some time. I had bought the puff pastry sheets & it was in the freezer. When my Sister-in-law had a get together at her place, I casually asked her what she had planned for the starter & she told me that egg puffs was the starter. I suddenly felt the urge to try it out. So prepared it right away. Her egg puffs & mushroom masala were the winners of the day & so were mine.

Egg puffs (Can make 6 puffs from 1 puff pastry sheet)

Ingredients:
Eggs: 3
Onion: 1 large
Tomato: 1 medium
Red chilli powder: 1tsp
Coriander powder: 11/2tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4tsp
Garam masala: 1/4tsp
Garlic paste: 1tsp
Ginger paste: 1/2tsp
Coriander leaves: 4tbsp
Salt
Oil: 1tbsp

For wrapping:
Puff pastry sheet: 1 (I used Jus-Rol)
Beaten egg: 1

Method:
Boil the eggs. Cut them into halves.
Finely chop the onion & tomato.
Heat oil in a pan add the onion, saute' for sometime. Then add the chopped tomato. Saute' then add the garlic & ginger paste.
Saute' well till the raw smell of garlic goes. Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt. Then add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
Unroll the puff pastry sheet on to a worktop.

  Place a small amount of the cooked masala on the pastry sheet in the centre.

Place the  egg over the masala.

 Place some more masala over the egg & also around the egg. Make sure to leave 2cms clear off the edges.

Cut the pastry sheet & fold it.

Seal the edges using beaten egg.
Glaze the puff with the beaten egg.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Place the puffs on a greased foil & bake for 20 minutes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Egg puff has always been my wife's favorite. Many thanks for giving us the recipe as well as a sample to us. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Harshitha likes your blog a lot.We shall certainly try your recipes.

Kanimozhi said...

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

Preethi said...

Egg puff is my all time favourite... When in bangalore i can eat 2 at a time... :)

Kanimozhi said...

What a coincidence preethi... Me too..

Preethi said...

Lovely.. We have similar hobbies n food habits... Should be n touch more often :) Write to me @ preitygeorge@gmail.com.... Do see my blog n give ur valuable feedback ;)