Saturday 12 December 2009

Egg Curry with Ridgegourd


This dish is a rare combination of a vegetable with egg. This is a dish learnt from my MIL. It's easy to prepare & tastes great. Goes well with steamed rice or any Indian bread varieties.

Egg Curry with Ridgegourd

Ingredients:
Ridgegourd: 1
Eggs: 3
Onion: 1 medium
Tomato: 1 small
Red chilli powder: 1/2tsp
Jeera/Cumin powder: 1/4tsp
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Salt
Oil: 1tsp

Method:
Peel, finely chop the ridgegourd.
Heat oil in the pan add the finely chopped onion& finely chopped tomato. Saute' for sometime then add the ridgegourd.
Saute' for sometime. Add the red chilli powder, cumin powder & salt. Add water & cook till rigdegourd is done.
Then add the eggs & keep stirring till the eggs are cooked.
Serve hot.

1 comment:

Malar Gandhi said...

Dear,

I know, you're a Great cook and I adore your blog.

Just for a change...I am hosting a funny Event' in my site all about Kitchen Mishaps!

Please check it out:

http://www.kitchentantra.com/2009/12/kitchen-mishaps-event-announcement.html

Would you like to participate?

I will greatly appreciate your contribution.

Thanks
Malar Gandhi
www.kitchentantra.com